"Climb the mountains and their good tidings.
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
while cares will drop off you like autumn leaves"
- John Muir
Get up. Get out there.
Nature does wonders for the body and soul.
Now is the time to enjoy it in all its glory.
High peaks and little treats - is there anything sweeter?
No Bake. Fully Loaded. Trail Mix Bites.
These sweet little bites take moments to throw together and last for a few weeks in the fridge. They travel well and pack a load of energy to help you reach the summit - because, lets face it, motivation comes from good snacks. Vegan & Gluten Free.
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (or chopped dark chocolate)
- 3 tablespoons all natural peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- a few tablespoon water ( if needed)
What to do
- Add the almonds and sunflower seeds to the bowl of a food processor and pulse together a few times until it resembles a coarse meal
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the coconut) and pulse everything until the mixture comes together. It should look a bit crumbly bit stick together when pressed between your fingers. If its seems to dry add a tablespoon of water or an extra tablespoon of nut butter.
- Spread the coconut out in a thin layer on a plate
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon size balls and roll around in the shredded coconut to coat
- Cover and keep chilled in the fridge